AWWA Butterfly Valve
Awwa Butterfly Valve is the mainstream product type preferred in water networks. Through its disc design where the center is shifted in two axis, this leads to a big improvement on decreasing operation torque values, lowering the friction on disc sealing area and extended service life.
AWWA Butterfly Valve Product Features
- GGG40/50 Ductile Iron Body & Disc allows high impact and stretching resistance
- AWWA Butterfly Valve Design
- Resilient Seated Type
- Disc sealing ring EPDM as default. NBR or VITON options are available
- Block moulded solid/one-piece T-shaped disc sealing ring extends drop-tight sealing life time
- Easy to replace disc sealing ring without dismantling the valve from the pipeline and without dismantling the disc from the valve itself just by taking out the retaining ring through its bolts. Iit is easy to replace the disc sealing ring without any additional equipments
- SS308/316 grade stainless steel welding seat on the body is manufactured through automatic welding machines and microfinished precise milling operation. When disc is fully closed, disc sealing ring applies equal pressure on every point on the welding seat.
- Drop-tight closure
- Double O-ring feature on both shafts ensures high sealing
- Shafts are equipped with bronze bushings having high corrosion resistance
- Ensures minimized pressure loss and increased energy efficiency with double shaft design
- With the o-rings on the bearing bushings, disc pin holes are protected against corrosion. Dry shaft up to request.
- Easy to operate with self locking gearbox equipped with mechanical indicator
- Low torque requirements during operation
- Easy to install on the line, light weight and occupies less space
- Full coating on the body and disc internally & externally with an average of 250 microns. Higher coating thicknesses are available when required.
- WRAS approved coating available upon request which meets hygienic requirements for potable water applications
- Maintenance free design for the valve and gearbox
- Default operation is gearbox with ISO top flange ready to connect electrical actuator. Pneumatic actuators can be installed directly on the top flange of the valve itself.
- Double Eccentric Butterfly valves are deisgned bi-directional according to EN1074-2. For proper installation, direction arrow on the body should be considered.
- Operation with extended spindle version is also available
- Balanced positioned lifting holes on the body ease transportation and installation.
- Hydrostatic test pressure for seat: PN x 1.1 , for shell: PN x 1.5 according to EN 12266-1.